Tuesday, November 29, 2011
music in the classroom
In order to get the kids more excited about classes I feel like music in the classroom really works. The problem lies in what style and genre of music should be played during an educational class. What some upper level students want to listen to most likely is not acceptable in a school settinig. I believe that music during the instant activity of a class and while they are practicing their skills on their own is completely acceptable. However if music is used while the teacher is teaching, it would definitely be distracting. What do you feel about music in the classroom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I was student teaching last year I used music whilst doing fitness and strength based circuits with the students. I payed mainly dance music and a bit of dub-step (workout music). Obviously I tried to stay away from songs with swear words in them. I found I was able to use music throughout the entire lesson so long as I paused it when I wanted to make an announcement. Also whenever I paused the music, the students stopped what they were doing and looked up, so it worked well to grab their attention, even better than a whistle.
ReplyDelete