Wednesday, November 30, 2011

student teacher relationships

When i think about how my previous teachers have treated me and how I want to treat my future students I get a little worried. I want to be a teacher who my students can come to with anything they need, even if it has nothing to do with my class. I also want them to see me as somebody who actually cares about them, and not just about my paycheck. My problem lies in how I will properly get to this hopeful goal. If I become too buddy buddy with my students I am afraid that they will lose respect for me and attempt to treat me like I am just one of them. On the other hand if I try to keep my teacher personality too up tight I worry that my students will not enjoy my class and will not trust me like I want them to. Where do you feel is the perfect medium between being "the cool teacher" and the teacher who nobody wants to get?

No comments:

Post a Comment